4′ x 8′ x 1/16″ sheets, slightly harder, general-purpose polypropylene cutting surface. Polypropylene is slightly harder and more translucent than polyethylene. Cutting surface needs to be replaced every 1-2 years. You can extend life by flipping sheets and swapping ends. Ensure a good vacuum by putting mesh between the tabletop and cutting surface to create an air channel. $70/Sheet. $130/sheet if pre-drilled.
Cutting Surface Tips:
- Use mesh or window screen between your cutting surface and vacuum table to ensure better suction.
- You can flip the polypropylene and polyethylene sheets as they get worn to double usable life.
- Use harder cutting surface for softer materials.
- If you get “hangers” try drilling smaller holes.
- Use as little cutting pressure as possible to maximize surface life.